Nursing at Trinity College Dublin offers undergraduate nursing students the opportunity to combine learning about nursing and healthcare in Ireland with an active program that includes shadowing opportunities in clinical practice. The program is designed for nursing students who are interested in exploring difference cultures and obtaining a global view of nursing as a part of their career the University of Pittsburgh. You'll earn three credits during the two weeks you spend in Dublin.
Key experiences during the program include:
- Exploring the World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;
- Learning about health structures and contemporary health problems in Ireland;
- Meeting nursing students in a round table exchange of student experiences;
- Meeting leading TCD researchers and discovering innovative practices being developed;
- Experiencing how culture, lifestyle and quality of life affect health;
- Clinical site visits which allow students to experience nursing and healthcare in Ireland.
- Social visits to the world famous and historic Book of Kells and contemporary exhibitions in the Science Gallery.
As an engaged and active participant in this program, you will have the opportunity:
- to learn about nursing and healthcare in Ireland and see it in practice through shadowing opportunities in clinical settings
- to meet leading TCD researchers and discover innovative practices that are being developed
- to expereince how culture, lifestyle, and quality of life affect health
Although it's the capital of Ireland, Dublin is a big city with a small-town feel. Narrow, cobblestone streets, years-old restaurants and pubs, and friendly people will make you feel as if you are in a small village. During your semester or year in Dublin, you'll have plenty to explore and get to know, from the National Museum of Ireland to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Pheonix Park to Merrion Square. As the country's capital, Dublin is well-connected to the rest of the country and Europe. Spend the weekend at the Cliffs of Moher or catch a flight from the nearby Dublin Airport. No matter what your interests, there will always be something new to explore in Dublin.
Trinity College Dublin's campus is located on sprawling greens in the heart of the city. Founded in 1592, the College's campus is a deluge of sights to be seen, including the University Library. The mix of classic and modern architecture creates a charming setting for your studies.
- Shared bedrooms (2 or 3 students/bedroom)
- Shared bathroom
- Internet access
- Coin operated laundry
You will take one course with the faculty from Trinity College Dublin, School of Nursing and Midwifery.
If you are seeking to count these courses towards a major, minor or certificate, please meet with your academic advisor to discuss this program and what the courses will fulfill for you.
Information about how the courses on this program count towards general education requirements for different schools and campuses can be found at www.abroad.pitt.edu/geneds
The course offers international nursing and allied healthcare students a unique opportunity avail of our exciting and varied programme that combines theoretical and practical experiences of nursing and healthcare in Ireland. The opportunity to experience the Irish healthcare practice setting, combined with the experience of Irish lifestyle and culture provides a broad educational experience in a safe, planned and structured way. The programme is designed for groups of undergraduate nursing and allied healthcare students in higher education institutions who are interested in exploring different cultures and obtaining a global view of nursing and allied healthcare, as part of their university programme.
Trinity College, of The University of Dublin, was founded by Queen Elizabeth the First in 1592, and so celebrated its Quatercentenary in 1992. It is the oldest university in Ireland and one of the oldest universities of Western Europe.
The Faculty of Health Sciences consists of professional Schools which are responsible for the education and training of individuals who will play key roles in healthcare delivery. Educational facilities for the professional schools in the Faculty are shared both on the Trinity College Campus and in the associated teaching hospitals of Trinity College Dublin.
Items Billed by Pitt
|Study Abroad Fee||$300||$300|
|Total Billed by Pitt||$3,700||$3,700|
Estimated Additional Out-of-Pocket Costs
|Airfare||$1,000 - $1,200|
|Personal Expenses and Meals||$1,000|
|Local Cell phone||$100|
Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
As a part of your program fee, the following are included:
- Tuition - 3 credits
- Full access to the services, clubs, and societies of Trinity College Dublin
- Program-related site visits and excursions
- International Health Insurance
May 16-May 27, 2022