Pitt Business typically offers nearly $300,000 annually in scholarship funds for study abroad through the generous gifts of many donors. Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit, financial need, disciplinary record on campus, and career goals. Award amounts range from $500-$1,500 depending on program. Please learn more about the specific funders below.
To qualify for a Pitt Business International Programs Scholarship, students must be or complete the following:
- Pitt Business student
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Clear Disciplinary Record
- A completed online application (instructions below)
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
- Summer, Fall 2022: same date as your program application deadline
- Log onto PittFundsMe via my.pitt.edu (and select or search for "PittFund$Me") or log onto pitt.scholarshipuniverse.com.
- Search for "CBA International Programs Scholarship (Summer)" or select "Scholarships" on the left tab to find.
- Complete and submit scholarship application. Submission will qualify you for a number of scholarship options through the International Programs office in Pitt Business. Applicants will be notified of their scholarship acceptance via e-mail prior to any program deposit or agreement due dates.
Pitt Business Scholarship Funds include:
Global Experience Fellowship in Leadership and Ethics
The Global Experience Fellowship in Leadership and Ethics, sponsored by the David Berg Center for Leadership and Ethics, is awarded to business students enrolled in the Certificate Program in Leadership and Ethics (CPLE) who show academic merit and are pursuing an academically relevant study abroad experience . Award amounts range from $1,000-$2,000.
Henry E. Haller, Jr. Dean’s Chair Scholarship
The Haller Scholarship is designed for Pitt Business students who are learning practical skills and knowledge of the host language and culture on their study abroad program during the fall, spring, or summer. Awards are given to students who show superior academic merit, career goals, and financial need. Preference is given to students who are interning through their program.
James L. Golding Study Abroad Scholarship
The James Golding Sholarship is for Pitt Business students who are underresented in study abroad. Mr. Golding is a 1965 graduate of CBA and was an active member of Student Government, Order of the Omega Fraternity, and Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity during his time on campus. One student each year will recieve a $2,000 award for a summer study abroad program.
James B. Tafel Scholarship
The James B. Tafel Scholarship is for Pitt Business students who are learning practical skills on their study abroad program during the fall, spring, or summer. $500-$2000 awards are given to students who show superior academic merit, career goals, and financial need. Preference is given to students who are interning through their program.
Paul W. Hillier, Jr. Scholarship
The Hillier scholarship provides funding for students at the College of Business Administration to participate in an unpaid international internship, allowing students with the opportunity to develop knowledge of the host country culture and language along with professional skills through their work experience.
International Program Manager, College of Business Administration