This program consists of 4 weeks of intensive German language study and a culture course taught in English. Develop your German language skills and your understanding of German culture while being immersed in one of the most exciting cities in Europe. Munich is a center for the arts, industry and business, rich in history and culture.The program is open to you if you have taken at least 2 semesters of German (or equivalent) by the summer of participation.
- You will improve your German language proficiency through language courses taught by Goethe-Institut staff
- You will develop your understanding of Germany's role as a global leader in business, industry and the arts
- You will engage with the local community in an increasingly diverse Munich
Munich is the capital city of the state of Bavaria, the largest in Germany. Munich is home to major universities, museums, theatres and historical landmarks. The city is best known for its international soccer team Bayer-Muenchen and its annual Oktoberfest.
- You will be housed in a clean, modern Guesthouse within the city limits with easy access to public transportation; average commute is under one hour
- You will live in a double room with en suite bath
- You will be provided with linens
- On-site cafeteria provides two meals per day (cost included in program fee)
Need to fulfill a general education requirement? The required course German 0058 can fulfill a Social Science, Specific Geographic Region or Literature gen-ed requirement. Speak to your Program Manager for more specific details about gen-ed requirements.
Host institution is the Goethe-Institut Munich, located in the Haidhausen neighborhood close to downtown Munich.
Hello Students! I am Leslie Ann Smedley, Senior Advisor and look forward to helping Arts and Sciences students to identify, apply for, and thrive in the study abroad program that fits each students’ academic/linguistic/cultural needs. I have been in the field of International Education for many years, including the last 10 in the Global Experiences Office. I am a Pittsburgher who studied abroad in Strasbourg, France while an undergrad and haven’t stopped travelling since. In addition to being passionate about discovering new places, I love to cook, garden and read. I look forward to helping you to achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select Study Abroad Virtual Advising as the Location
- Select Study Abroad Program Specific Questions as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!
Estimated Additional Out-of-Pocket Costs
Total Estimated Program Cost
Total Estimated Cost of Program
As a part of your program fee, the following are included:
- Tuition for 8 credits
- Housing in a local guesthouse plus 2 meals/day
- Placement tests upon arrival and departure
- International travel health insurance
- Cultural programs
- Airport pick-up on arrival
May 6-June 4, 2022
The program is open to students who have taken at least 2 semesters of German (or equivalent) by the term of participation.
Students will be required to make a 50 Euro refundable housing deposit and a 10 Euro internet deposit. These fees are subject to change and will be updated as necessary in the fall.