As an engaged and active participant in this program, you will have the opportunity to develop:
- An understanding of business and engineering innovation in Vietnam
- The ability to adapt and thrive while traveling through Vietnam
- A deeper understanding of the role that history and culture play in the development of a technology and business
In the past- INNOVATE students visited Beijing, Suzhou and Shanghai in China. This year, students will travel to Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam!
Lodging in 3-4 star hotels with doubles/triples with a shared bathroom for the duration of the trip is included.
This is a 3-credit course
Dr. Rajgopal is a professor of Industrial Engineering and has been on the faculty at Pitt since 1986. He also serves as the graduate program director for the Industrial Engineering department. He is an advocate for study abroad and has led a number of study abroad programs.
Om Swastiastu Pitt! My name is Lauren, and I am one of the Global Programs Managers in the Swanson School of Engineering. I studied abroad in Indonesia during undergraduate, and worked as a peer study abroad advisor once I returned. After my study abroad trip, I knew that I wanted to support students to have life-changing experiences abroad too. Let's talk about your interests and find a program that will help you achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select 152 Benedum as the Location
- Select ENGR Global as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!
Items Billed by Pitt
|Program Fee (see the "What's included" section)||$4,350||$4,550|
|Total Billed by Pitt||$4,350||$4,550|
Estimated Additional Out-of-Pocket Costs
|Meals and Personal Expenses||$300- 500|
|Visa for Vietnam||Varies|
|If you are not a U.S. Citizen and require to travel for a visa application (Depends on if you have to travel to apply for the visa)||Dependent on travel costs required|
|Airfare to Vietnam||Varies|
Total Estimated Program Cost
Total Estimated Cost of Program
As a part of the program costs, the following is included in the program:
- Tuition for 3 Pitt credits
- All Accommodations
- Airport transfers (in-country) and all ground transportation
- International health and accident insurance
- Some meals
- Admission and participation to all events and excursions
Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our budgeting page for more information.
For global scholarship opportunities, check out:
- The Pitt GEO scholarship page for links to national, provider and private scholarship samples
- PittFund$Me for Pitt sponsored funding including Pitt wide global scholarships, Nationality Rooms, VIH, etc.
- PittFund$Me for the SSOE Global Experience Scholarships
Spring Break: March 3rd - 11th, 2023
- Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors are eligible to apply
- Must have applied for a passport or already hold a passport by the application deadline. Need to apply? See instructions here.
- Must be in your second, third or fourth+ year at the time of application
- 2.75 GPA
Past INNOVATE students want you to know…
"The friends I have made during this trip have that spark of adventure inside of them, and it was a pleasure to enjoy this experience with them."
-Andrew Welby (Check out his blog!)
"Leaving China definitely made me feel depressed. Even though I was only there for a short time, I knew I was not close to being ready to leave. I learned so much about the country in such a short amount of time and honestly was able to have the time of my life. "
- Sean Kurtz
"The trip is coming to an end—we just had the closing dinner. The Pitt graduate that spoke made me want to move here because of how easily she adjusted. The trip flew by, and the slideshow of pictures made me realize how many places we all saw in such a small amount of time. I also realized how close everyone got."
- Victoria Portier (Check out her blog!)