Spend a Semester, Summer or even a year studying engineering in Cyprus!
Take engineering courses (in English) in the fields of Civil and Enviornmental Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Oil & Gas Engineering at the University of Nicosia. You can also do a research internship in addition to your classes! This program is managed by a program provider called Global Semesters.
- Fall: Mid September- Mid December
- Spring: Mid January-Late May
- Summer: Early June- Early July
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Must have completed 30 academic credits before entering the program.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Please check partner school for additional requirements
University of Nicosia/Global Semesters study abroad guide lists dates, courses and general information for the semester and summer programs.
Cost of the program: Please check with the provider's website. Please note once you are registered for the program, you will be charged the $400 study abroad (semester) fee or the $300 study abroad (summer) fee through the Pitt Pay system. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
For global scholarship opportunities, check out:
- the Pitt GEO scholarship page for links to national, provider and private scholarship samples
- PittFund$Me for Pitt sponsored funding including Pitt wide global scholarships, Nationality Rooms, VIH, etc.
- PittFund$Me for the SSOE Global Experience Scholarships!
Please apply first to this application in Pitt's system and then apply to Global Semesters. Please check their website for exact application deadlines.
Hello Students! I am Leslie Ann Smedley, Senior Advisor and look forward to helping Arts and Sciences students to identify, apply for, and thrive in the study abroad program that fits each students’ academic/linguistic/cultural needs. I have been in the field of International Education for many years, including the last 10 in the Global Experiences Office. I am a Pittsburgher who studied abroad in Strasbourg, France while an undergrad and haven’t stopped travelling since. In addition to being passionate about discovering new places, I love to cook, garden and read. I look forward to helping you to achieve your goals!
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select Study Abroad Virtual Advising as the Location
- Select Study Abroad Program Specific Questions as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!
Konnichiwa! After working for the JET program in Japan for just over two years, I decided to pursue a career in international education. I returned to the US via a few months of travel -slowing making my way west with many stops in stunning locations and with amazing people. Whenever possible, I continue to love exploring new countries and cultures! I have been fortunate to work both as an administrator and as a classroom educator in higher education; my areas of interest are international, adult and comparative education. I enjoy assisting engineering students seize international opportunities! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!