The Haller Global Honors Fellowship program is exclusive to Pitt Business Honors Program students. Please note that this program is optional for those students who have been admitted to the Pitt Business Honors Program.
This international honors experience, exclusive for honors students accepted into the Haller Global Fellows program, provides an early global experience prior to the start of their first semester on campus.
The first portion of the program will bring students to the University of Pittsburgh for 2.5 weeks. While at Pitt, students will become accustomed to life at the University and in the City of Pittsburgh. The second portion of the program will involve international travel to Dublin, Ireland for 1.5 weeks. The group experience globalization first-hand through industry-specific company tours, interacting with executives, and academic lectures that provide cultural and political perspective.
The program theme for the 2022 program will be announced during the spring semester.
- Company visits may include: Google, Facebook, Paypal, Microsoft, Yahoo, eBay, PopCap Games, Populis, LinkedIn, AOL, Twitter, and Airbnb.
- Cultural activities may include: a walking tour about the history of Dublin, visits to the Temple Bar Farmer’s Market, Dublin Flea Market, Dublin Castle, Croke Park Stadium Tour, the Cliffs of Moher, and an excursion to Kilkenny and the Wicklow Mountains.
- Locations will include: Dublin, Kilkenny and the Wicklow Mountains.
As an engaged and active participant on the program, you'll have the opportunity to develop:
- an understanding of global business issues through classroom seminars and professional site visits
- exposure to global businesses focused on technology and innovation
- transferable skills you can utilize toward your professional development
Dublin, the capital of Ireland, is a city rich in vibrant culture and history. Originally founded as a Viking settlement, it has become Ireland's principal city. The city resides on the banks of the river Liffey and is home to one of the youngest populations in Europe. It is full of rich cultural and artistic heritage. A top-30 global city according to the Globalization and World Cities Research Network, Dublin will give you the unique opportunity to explore a bustling city with a strong economic drive.
Want to learn more? Check out past students' blogs from program!
- Shared student apartments
- Shared bathrooms
- Kitchen access
- Linens and towels included
- Internet access and wifi
- Pitt staff housed onsite to assist you in the event of issues or emergencies
We do our best to provide the most accurate information about housing and amenities but due to the nature of the locations in which we offer programs and limited availability, these items are subject to change. Contact your program manager with any questions.
The Haller Global Honors Fellowship is a 4-credit academic course. You will be enrolled in an honors section of a course to be announced during the spring 2022 semester.
Historically, this program fulfills a business core course requirement and one foreign culture requirement for CBA students.
This program is run in partnership with CAPA: The Global Education Network. For more than 45 years, CAPA has worked with institutions of higher education to build programs that meet your goals for learning abroad. The CAPA Dublin center is hosted at Griffith College, a private Irish college located close to Dublin city center.
Hello! I’m Hillary, Director of Pitt Business International Programs. I originally hail from New Jersey, but became a member of the Pitt community as an undergraduate student in 2002 and I have been here pretty much ever since. During my time at Pitt I’ve had the opportunity to accompany students abroad, and I’m excited to work with you to make your international experience a valuable one! When I’m not in the office, you can find me spending time in the great outdoors, reading, cooking, and taking a yoga or ballet class. Get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment with me, send me an email and we'll find a time that works for you!
¡Hola a todxs! I am an International Programs Manager for Pitt Business and a Western PA native. As an undergraduate students, I had my first experience abroad when my college choir toured the southern region of Spain, and I’ve been hooked ever since. One year after that, I spent a semester at la Universidad de Sevilla in Seville, Spain; which are among the best months of my life. I earned a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from Westminster College and a master’s degree in Higher Education from Penn State (I know, I know). I’m looking forward to helping undergraduate students pursue global education opportunities to further develop their personal, academic, and professional goals.
Schedule an appointment with me using Handshake!
- Log in to Handshake
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Business International Programs Advising as the Category
- Select International Programs Advising - Pitt Business as the Appointment Type
- Select a day, find my name and find time that works best for you!
Don't see a time that works for you? Just send me an email!
|Estimated Expenses Billed by Pitt||$7800||$8000|
|Estimated Additional Expenses||$500||$500|
|Total Estimated Cost||$8300||$8500|
The Haller Global Honors Fellowship program is exclusive to Pitt Business Honors Program students. Students accepted into the program are provided a Haller Global Honors scholarship. The use of this scholarship award is solely for this program and cannot be transferred.
Final program costs will be available by March 1.
Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our budgeting page for more information.
The amounts above are for the 2019-2020 academic year and should be used as estimates only. Pricing for 2021-2022 will be posted and announced in the spring term.
As a part of your program fee, the following are included in the program:
- Tuition for three credits + one honors credit (4-academic credits total)
Round-trip international airfare*
- Please note that students will depart the USA together as a group from the Pittsburgh International Airport and have a return flight to their home city destination.
- Housing in Pittsburgh
- All meals in Pittsburgh
- Housing Dublin
- Breakfast each day in Dublin
- All in-country transportation
- Excursions in both Pittsburgh and Dublin
- Arrival reception and farewell ceremony (Pittsburgh and Dublin)
- International Health Insurance
Dates for the 2021-2022 academic year will be posted in the fall!
Application instructions can be found here: Haller Global Honors Fellowship Application Instructions.
Important: To participate, students must apply to the Haller Global Honors Fellowship by the application deadline, TBD. A valid passport is required at the time of application for the program, or proof that the passport application has been submitted. Students must be admitted to the University Honors College and to the College of Business Administration to be eligible to apply for the program.