Spend 8 weeks in tropical Singapore developing research skills and finding out what’s at the cutting edge in engineering and technology at the National University of Singapore (NUS). This program enables students to learn how research is conducted in a different culture and environment! Pitt students will have the opportunity to work with NUS faculty and researchers who are experts in their fields and all in English!
Spend 8 weeks as an intern at the National University of Singapore (NUS). NUS typically offers projects in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Materials Science, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Swanson School of Engineering students in their third year or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Good academic and behavioral standing
- Demonstrates experience in conducting research at a U.S. university
- Please check partner school additional requirements
Outside of the study abroad fee, costs for the program are paid directly to NUS/SERIUS and can be found on the SERIUS website.
Check out this video to hear a SERIUS program alumna describe her experience: International Engineering Initiatives - SERIUS Research - YouTube.
Funding through the Swanson School of Engineering may be available. Please watch for research and internship funding (SURI) information to be sent out to all students via email. Remember that your lifestyle and spending choices can greatly affect the amount of money you'll need while abroad. Visit our Budgeting page for more information.
Pitt's online application deadline online is: Jan. 23, 2023
In addition, you will have to submit the NUS application documents below to Chandra Colaresi, SSOE Global Experiences and Engagement via email attachment or in person to 152 Benedum by Jan. 23 at Noon.
- The NUS : application form
- Unofficial transcript -including Fall 2022 grades
SERIUS Project list for Summer 2023 is now available.
Hi! My name is Chandra, and I am a Global and Engineering Professional Development Consultant in the Swanson School of Engineering. My professional background is in communications and policy, but I have been lucky enough to study or work in England, Scotland, France, and Belgium. Please contact me if you are interested in global research, co-op, or internship opportunities as well as the Global Supply Networks program. Let’s discuss all the exciting options you have to see the world during your time at Pitt!
Schedule an appointment
Schedule an appointment with me using Pathways!
- Log in to Pathways or use the Navigate app.
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit.
- Select Study Abroad Virtual Advising as the Location
- Select Study Abroad Program Specific Questions as the service
- Select my name and find a time that works for you!
Having trouble or don't see a time that works for you? Just email me!