AIFS Abroad is a study abroad provider that has been approved by the University of Pittsburgh. You can learn more about AIFS Abroad here.
The programs and locations below have been vetted to ensure that they meet the health, safety, security and academic standards that Pitt requires.
- AIFS Athens
- AIFS Salzburg
- AIFS Rome
- AIFS Prague
- AIFS Multi-Country Europe: European Art and Architecture
- AIFS London
- AIFS Florence
- AIFS Cannes
We recognized that, in some cases, you may find a program from AIFS Abroad or another provider that meets your academic, professional, or personal goals but the program is not on the approved lists. In these cases, you may petition to have your program recognized, allowing you to follow the normal study abroad process, receive study abroad credit, use financial aid (if applicable) and receive coverage under the University's international health insurance.
Before you begin the petition process, please understand the following:
- The Director of Pitt Global Experiences will review your program petition and his decision is final.
- Program petitions will only be approved for academic reasons. Program petitions will not be approved for other reasons, such as wanting to study abroad with a friend from another University.
- If you program petition is approved, you will be required to complete a study abroad application by the due dates outlined for your term.
- With that in mind, please submit your program petition at least two weeks before the application deadline.
For an AIFS program, you must complete an application for both Pitt Global Experiences and AIFS. Please note that providers and Pitt Global Experiences may have different application deadlines. It is your responsibility to know and meet both deadlines.
If you are interested in one of the approved programs, please apply here by clicking on the Apply Now button.
For general Pitt-Recognized Program's advising and course approval, we recommend getting in touch with your school's advisor:
- Nursing - Chelsea Cavlovic
- Arts and Sciences - Leslie Smedley
- Business - Rick Moslen
- Engineering - Alicia Olalde
- Honors - Bryan Schultz
- Pitt Bradford - Samila Sosic
- Pitt Johnstown - BJ Sarneso
- Pitt Greensburg - Lauren Perri
*If you do not see your school/department listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with the appropriate advisor.