African Heritage Committee
In Memory of Lillie Mae Lesesne
Austrian Room Committee
Knowledge of the German language is preferred
Ivan Santa-Cruz Memorial Scholarship
PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA OR TAIWAN
John H. Tsui Memorial Award
Chinese Room Committee
In Honor of Tom Chen
Czechoslovak Room Committee
Czech or Slovak language skills a plus
Herbert E. Lieberkind/Danish Room Committee
French Room Committee
In Memory of David Kremen
Hungarian Room Committee
In Honor of Endre Csoman
Indian Room Committee
Mary Campbell Cross/Irish Room Committee
Italian Room Committee
Two semesters of Italian language required
Japanese Room Committee
In Memory of Fukue Takano, mother of Sono Hayes
Lithuanian Room Committee
In Memory of Josephine and John McCloskey
Polish Room Committee
In Memory of Dr. Donald Mushalko
Basic knowledge of Polish helpful
Frank and Vilma Slater Fund/Scottish Room Committee
Swiss Room Committee Scholarship
ANY LOCATION ABROAD
David L. Lawrence Memorial Award
Rachel McMasters Miller Hunt Award
Helen Pool Rush Award
Savina S. Skewis Award
Women’s International Club
QUO VADIS GUIDES
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a current full-time student on a University of Pittsburgh campus for the fall and spring terms prior to study abroad
- Must be enrolled and on campus as a full-time student for the fall and spring terms immediately following the study abroad
- Proposed study abroad must relate to career goals
- Foreign language skills if required by the scholarship
- Minimum stay of five weeks in one country or region during the summer term
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must have at least 60 credits by the end of April 2017 (current sophomore or junior and no AP credits)
- Propose a career-related, credit-worthy study abroad program or internship
- For independent research proposal, must speak with the Scholarship Administrator
- All proposed undertakings must receive credits
*Previous awardees are not eligible to apply again.
Online Application. Please complete and submit through online application.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from a faculty member and a second from a faculty/other. Complete and submit through the online application.
- Awardee Obligation Signature Form. Print from online application, sign and submit a hard copy to 1209 Cathedral of Learning (CL)
- Academic Credit Signature Page- Obtain approval for the proposed program from the Study Abroad Office. Have Study Abroad sign and submit hard copy to 1209 Cathedral of Learning. Keep a copy for yourself.
- Transcripts required with fall semester grades and turned in to 1209 CL.
- Undergraduates interested in conducting “independent study” must speak with scholarship administrator for approval before applying for the scholarship.
- Other Scholarships Notice. Complete and submit through online application.
- Attend scholarship information sessions in 1209 CL. Sign up at:(http://www.nationalityrooms.pitt.edu/scholarshipsgrants. If unable to attend, schedule an appointment with Scholarship Administrator.
- Applicants may apply for 2 scholarships but can only receive 1 scholarship award
Application becomes available: September 1, 2016
Scholarship information session begins: September 20, 2016
Last scholarship information session: January 4, 2017
Completed Applications Due: January 9, 2017
Finalists announced: January 18, 2017
Finalist interviews begin on: January 30, 2017
To sign up for information session and for complete information on the Nationality Rooms Summer Study Abroad Scholarships, visit us at http://www.nationalityrooms.pitt.edu/scholarshipsgrants.
Nationality Rooms Program
1209 Cathedral of Learning, University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: 412.624.6150; Fax: 412.624.4214